Thursday, February 24, 2011

Product review: Aura Cacia Bath salts





Husband is going to love this one...
I was reading my latest issue of Yoga Journal, and one of the features in the March issue talked about products for the home, including bath products like lotions, soaps and body washes.  I've been feeling sore in my upper arms (too many Chaturanga, I suspect...) and in my right hip joint (thanks to a slip on some black ice a few weeks ago), and I've heard that a long soak in a tub with some bath salts can soothe away some of the stiffness.  A nice little tidbit to file away in the back of my mind...especially since everyone knows that a mother of young children *never* has time for a long soak in a tub!
When I was out doing some shopping with the kids in tow (of course), I decided to browse the body products section of the grocery store, just to see what was interesting.  The kids were fighting over preoccupied with the prospect of buying a box of chocolate sandwich cookies, so this harried mother took her chances.  I'm glad I browsed, because Aura Cacia sells pouches of bath salts, and they were on sale 2 for $4...normal price is $3.50, so this was a bargain.  The back of the mind tidbit of info about bath salts soothing away tired, sore muscles came fluttering to the front of my mind, and I picked up 3 pouches!

Packet one:  Tea Tree.  Like I said, Husband is going to love this (see my previous post on "What's that Smell?").  The kids' bathroom (only bathroom in our house with a tub) does have a bit of a strong smell - dare I say "hippy" smell? - but my muscles do feel better!  I was so eager to use it that I didn't even read all of the other ingredients in the sachet; whatever they were, I feel relaxed, refreshed, and decidedly less sore.

Packet two: Peppermint Harvest.  This one claims to be cooling, refreshing, focusing, clarifying, awakening, and inspiring.  Essential oils include Peppermint, Spearmint, Sweet Orange and Ylang ylang.  Seems like it would be good for first thing on a Saturday morning, before heading to yoga class.

Packet three:  Relaxing (with tangy citrus aroma).  Benefits include cheering, softening, nourishing, and relaxing (duh.  That's what the front of the packet says).  Sounds like something for just before bed, even with the peppy citrus scent, it also has oils of lavender, bergamot, ylang ylang, and uh-oh...sandalwood listed in the ingredients.  Sorry Husband.  Sandalwood is a dead giveaway for a St. Marks Place basement.

Aura Cacia sells lots of other products as well, and I'd say they're worth looking out for. 

If you desire a glorious future, transform the present - Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras

No comments:

Post a Comment