Sunday, February 19, 2012

YJ Talent Search? *-FAIL-*

Yep, that's me.  Vying for the the 2nd annual Yoga Journal Talent Search.  I tried to enter, but I can't - the dang photo is too large.  And you can't see my face.  And I'm not wearing brightly colored clothing so the judges (do you think they'll give me bonus points for the cool zebra pillow on my couch?) can't fully see the extension/articulation/alignment of the posture.  And it's a posture I've only just begun to experiment with.  I haven't "mastered" it yet.  Which begs the question:  Have I mastered ANY poses?  Savasana may be the only one...
So folks, this is what you get when you don't read the "rules" of a contest.  When I tried to submit my entry, a message popped up, saying that my photo was too large.  I decided to click on "the rules" to see what size jpg they were looking for, and instead I saw all the aforementioned helpful hints and guidelines for the submissions.
Back to the drawing board I go.  Do I continue to practice my Wheel with extension, working my way to "mastery"?  Or do I go with King Dancer? Not as impressive, but I'm certain that I have better alignment (check out my left foot angling out on this Wheel...not to mention the right leg is less-than-perpendicular).  Maybe Warrior III - that's a posture that makes everyone nervous.  Good thing my husband likes playing around with his camera - because I think he's going to be practicing by training his lens on a lot of yoga postures in the coming week.  Once I submit, I'll give you the info on how to vote for me - that is, if you think I'm "Talented" enough to be in Yoga Journal magazine.  Now, off to ponder this whole "mastering" a pose bit...and to find some yoga pants that aren't so dang black.

Delight the world with compassion, kindness, and grace.

1 comment:

  1. clothing credits: lucy lucypower pant, lululemon athletica dandelion top

    ReplyDelete